It's summertime and around here that means iced coffee, totally messed up bedtimes and chaos that involves bubbles, sunburns and swimwear. If there's one thing I never forget to make time for though, it's iced coffee. Today I've got a quick tip for your next cup of cold brew: iced coffee cubes!
Do you ever make a cup of iced coffee, add ice and by the time you get halfway down the cup, it's basically murky water and cream? It's never fun to take the time to make delicious cold brew and have it ruined by melting ice cubes. However, I also really love ice and have a tendency to load any glass I have with ice. So, I decided to try to make some coffee ice cubes and well, something tells me I'll be doing that alllll summer long!
Here's all you need to do:
1. Get an ice cube tray (or popsicle mold or candy mold or anything that will hold liquid and can freeze)
2. Stir up some strong cold brew with any additive you want.
3. Freeze for 4-5 hours.
4. Add to cup and then top with cold brew.
Yes, that ridiculously simple list is IT. I can assure that cold brew will freeze, as you can see here, and then as they start to melt, they'll just be injecting more coffee and flavor instead of watering it down!
Here are two different flavors of cubes I made today that I highly recommend!
- Carmel Nut Fudge: Use cold brew made from Crooks and Coffee Carmel Nut Fudge grounds + caramel sauce + chocolate sauce
- Vietnamese Style: Use cold brew made from Crooks and Coffee Columbian + sweetened condensed milk
Need more ideas, here are a few more I want to try:
- Almond Joy: Use cold brew made from Crooks and Coffee Brazilian Sunset grounds + coconut extract + chocolate sauce
- Highlander Grogg: Use cold brew made from Crooks and Coffee Highlander Grogg + vanilla extract + caramel sauce
- Birthday Cake: Use cold brew made from Crooks and Coffee Birthday Cake + sprinkles! + heavy cream
I hope you enjoy this simple trick to not having watered down iced coffee! I can't wait to hear which one is your favorite. Be sure to snag a few new flavors to play with and use code COFFEEBLOG to save at checkout!
Until next time,
Veronica is the blog manager for Crooks + Coffee, as well as the blogger and creator of Caffeinate then Create. She lives in Iowa with her husband, Randy, and their 5 yr old self-proclaimed pirate princess, Gabby. She loves to write, play board games and has a deep seeded love of Star Wars and coffee.